Rely on thirty-five years of trucking, insurance and risk management leadership.
The Tarwheels Team is carefully curated and managed by BRISK Founder, Bob Bernatchez. Bob started his career on the trucking side of the industry at Carolina Freight Carriers, and, after receiving his MBA from Harvard University, went on to focus on providing risk financing and risk management to the transportation industry. With Bob’s prior experience in trucking he was able to develop innovative approaches to help a large portfolio of trucking companies improve risk management while reducing loss costs.
Bob started BRISK Management Services in 2013 with the objectives of providing superior risk financing and risk management to his clientele. The development of BRISK Insurance Company was a natural extension of those objectives. Bob’s unique experience gives him the ability to:
- Understand the daily challenges transportation management teams have trying to balance safety, customers’ expectations, equipment availability, and finding qualified drivers with the right attitude.
- Analyze loss costs and other operational metrics to anticipate how underwriters will price and structure insurance programs as well as determine what option is in the buyer’s best interest.
- Evaluate alternative risk programs (group or single parent captives), traditional insurance, and various loss retention programs to help buyers find the optimal long-term solution.
- Provide low cost risk management support that can reduce losses and also share my experience to help you evaluate investments in technology and process changes that can have significant impacts on your losses.
- Evaluate your driver recruiting, selection, and training programs to help improve driver tenure and put safer drivers behind the wheel of your trucks.
The Tarwheels Team
Applied Risk Management Solutions: Founded in 2006, ARMS has developed its business selling captive insurance products to the trucking industry. ARMS and its clients provided the critical mass to enable Tarwheels to launch in 2015, and ARMS is the exclusive agent for Tarwheels in several states
Hartford Fire Insurance Company: Hartford is rated A+ by AM Best for financial strength and has provided insurance products for over 200 years. Hartford’s team of professionals that exclusively service the captive market provide the behind the scenes support and structure that enable Tarwheels to provide an exceptional insurance experience for all members. Hartford’s claims team are actively involved in all serious losses, supporting the ability and expertise of our TPA partner.
CCMSI: As the claims manager for Tarwheels, CCMSI will provide a dedicated team of experienced adjusters to manage the liability, physical damage, and workers compensation claims incurred by members.
Primacy Risk Services: Primacy provides on-site evaluations and risk consultation to each member. Primacy also has an active role in the claims process, handling the intake for all auto claims and also is responsible for managing all after hours serious losses.
Avatar Fleet Management: Offering an array of value added services related to driver recruiting, hiring, and training. Avatar’s objective is to help each member improve its driver retention and offer innovative strategies to the problem of finding and hiring highly qualified drivers.
Citadel Management: Previously known as Cedar Management, Citadel is based in Bermuda and provides Tarwheels with its extensive network of professional relationships, ideas to improve the program design and services for the member’s benefits, and backroom captive management services.